Ride a Spartamet along a dijk and see the spectacular Flevoland nature preserve including our wild horses. Learn about the history of Flevoland, and the creatures that live there.
The Northern Dike & Oostvaardersplassen tour is one of two tours we offer that combine a bicycle tour of Almere Stad with a ride through the countryside and along one of our beautiful dikes.
- Almere Stad – A look at some of Almere’s famous architecture. Insight into the unique advantages of a planned city.
- Noorderplassen – The edge of the Laplaarplassen with scenic views
- Oostvaardersdijk – This is the dijk that keeps the IJmeer sea at bay.
- Trekvogel – The visitors center for exploring the nature reserve.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Almere Centrum Station|
|DEPARTURE TIME||3pm Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.|
|TOUR LENGTH||Approximately 2.5 Hours|
|REQUIREMENTS||Must be 16 with VALID Driver’s License to drive Snorfiets.
Comfortable clothing & appropriate footwear
3:00 PM Itinerary
2:45PM – 3:00 PM: Preparations for Tour
- Meet & Greet.
- Sign rental agreement & show valid ID/License
- Instruction on basic Snorfiets operation and safety
3:00 PM – 3:30 PM: Almere Stad
3:30 PM – 4:00 PM: Almere Stad to Noorderplassen
4:00 PM – 4:30 PM: Noorderplassen to Trekvogel
4:30 PM – 5:00 PM: Trekvogel
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM: TrekVogel to Almere Stad
5:30 PM: Almere Centrum