Spartamets, castles, & monkeys. Oh my! The Southern Dike & Kemphaan bike tour is fun for everyone.
The Southern Dike Tour is one of two bicycle tours we offer that include the Almere dikes. The Southern Dike tour is a bit more quirky fun than the Northern Dike tour which is focused more on nature.
Here we combine the fun of riding a Spartamet with some of the unique and unusual sites and places in Almere.
- Almere Stad – A tour of the Weerwater. A look at some of Almere’s famous architecture. Insight into the unique advantages of a planned city.
- The Castle That Never Was – Almere’s own medieval castle!
- Kemphaan – Zip Lines, Frisbee Golf, & Monkeys. Yes, Monkeys.
- The Pyramid House – No need to go to Eqypt to see a pyramid
- Gooimeerdijk – RIde along the dijk on a Spartamet!
- Almere Haven – The beautiful Almere Haven Harbor.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Almere Centrum Station|
|DEPARTURE TIME||9am Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.|
|TOUR LENGTH||Approximately 3 Hours|
|REQUIREMENTS||Must be 16 with VALID Driver’s License to drive Snorfiets.
Comfortable clothing & appropriate footwear
Maximum Rider Weight – 120kg/260lb
8:45AM – 9:00 AM: Preparations for Tour
- Meet & Greet
- Sign rental agreement & show valid ID/License
- Instruction on basic Snorfiets operation and safety
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Almere Stad
9:30AM – 10:00 AM: Almere Stad to Castle Never Was
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Kemphaan
10:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Paramids & Dijks
11:30 AM: Almere Centrum