See Naarden, a 1300 walled city with a moat, and tour the Gooimeer from the comfort of a mini-van or sedan.
Naarden & Gooimeer Tour
This is a fantastic 4 hour tour, that takes you from Almere all the way to Naarden, a walled fortress town founded around 1300. On our way there we will pass a beautiful old classic Dutch windmill where pictures are a must. Once we arrive in Naarden, you can see the great star shaped moat and walls that surround the town. In Naarden you will see Grote Kerk, The Great Church, a 15th century Protestant church. On the way back we will ride around the Gooimeer, and along the Gooimeerdijk Oost. A 500 year old church, a walled city, a moat, cows, windmills, & dijks. This is the Netherlands you can’t see in Amsterdam.
- Almere Stad – A tour of the Weerwater. A look at some of Almere’s famous architecture. Insight into the unique advantages of a planned city.
- Almere Poort & the Flevoland-North Holland bridge
- Old Wooden Windmill
- Ride through countryside with authentic Dutch cows
- Naarden – A Star Fort town with fortress walls & a moat
- Grote Kerk – The Great Church, a 15th century protestant church
- Ride along the Gooimeerdijk
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Almere Centrum Station|
|DEPARTURE TIME||9am Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.|
|TOUR LENGTH||Approximately 4 Hours|
|REQUIREMENTS||Be prepared to see the real Netherlands!
Comfortable clothing & appropriate footwear
No smoking in the vehicle please
11:45AM – 12:00 PM: Preparations for Tour
12:00 PM – 12:45 PM: Almere Stad
12:45PM – 1:30 PM: Almere Stad to Naarden
1:30 PM – 3.30 PM: A Tour of Naarden
3:30 PM – 4:00 PM: Naarden to Almere Stad
4:00 PM: Return